Tuesday, January 18, 2011
I went on THREE roadtrips at the end of last year. With my buddy to Faerieworlds in Oregon, with my Mom to the Northeast (New York State, Maine, Vermont, and touched Canada), and THEN with my husband to Reno, NV to see his family for Thanksiving. Ive been running around!
Other than that, Ive had such issues with my depression and not able to 'do' things that I started up with a therapist and am now on meds for depression - which was a slow road to 'adjust' to but I think Im finally on the total way UP.
In the past six months or so Ive gotten big time into getting my hands on bright sparkly eye makeup pigments from Etsy sellers. I had a few twinges of desire to 'do it myself' but didnt have enough 'go!' for it.
Well, now I DO. I ordered a kit from a well known supplier (TKB) and got to mixing. Keep reading as to see what this possibly has to do with anything!
Quickly named pigments!
* First Kiss - A soft coral pink with yellow tones.
* Candlelight - A soft yellow with a touch of pink.
* Sea Turtle - Made to match my art, Sea Turtle, a wonderful bright green with golden and yellow tones.
* Lantern Dragon - Made to match my art, Lantern Dragon - a cool teal with yellow sparks.
* Kona - Not my recipe, but a fantastic turquoise!
* Starry - Royal purple with teal and strawberry sparkles.
These are all made with Matte texture and NO glitter... so imagine when I get my hands on shimmer, glitter, and more colors! <3
Oh, see that? A topper with artwork! My plan is to start my own mineral makeup company! The current plan is to name it -
Storybook Cosmetics - with the theme of fairytales, magical creatures, spells, and scaaaary villians! <3
Each pigment will have its own drawn label (with entirely new art, although a few might have to sneak in) and I will be learning in the next month or so about how to keep it Vegan, safe and clean in the workspace and in packaging, mixing, and all other procedures, and painting labels and mixing my first line of pigments!
Stay tuned! For more pictures, swatches, and other fun check out my Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/starrydance/
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
I'm much more active over on my Facebook Fan Page -
Starrydance Art and Buttons!
I will be opening several shops (hopefully!) soon -
- The revamp at LONG last of Starrydance on Etsy!
- Starrydance on ArtFire!
And my new line of Custom buttons and products -
- Starrybuttons on Etsy AND Artfire!
I'm just working on all the last little bits and watch my fanpage for opening specials and other goodies! <3
Friday, April 9, 2010
Originally uploaded by starrydance
Looking into getting Custom Made Buttons made?
I make both 1" and 2.25" Pinback buttons! I use high quality button parts (Not Badge-a-Minit!) and high quality photo paper, with claria inks. Because I use great paper, and great inks, my colors are bright and sharp with a high level of detail. They are shiney, bright, and awesome! <3
1" Pinback Buttons 100 : $25 and $10 Shipping (US).
- 1" Buttons are .25 each, a min. order of 25 to 499!
- 1" Buttons are .23 each from 500 - 999 buttons.
- 1" buttons are .20 each after 1000 buttons.
2.25" Pinback Buttons 100: $40 and $10 Shipping (US)
- 2.25" Buttons are .40 each, a Min. order of 10 to 500
- 2.25" Buttons are .30 each for 500 or more!
2.25" Mirror Backed Buttons 25 : $35 and $10 Shipping (US) - Made with real glass, not foil inserts! <3
- Mirrors are $1.40 each, Min. of 10 Mirrors to 99 Mirrors
- Mirrors are $1.25 for 100 or more!
Sample Pack: $5
10 Buttons, with your designs, made up and mailed the next day from receiving payment/images. If you do end up ordering buttons after that, the Sample Packs price is applied to the order!
Feel free to mix and match sizes - there are no Min. amounts of products if you have mix orders. You do not have to 'hit' a magical number like 100 or 150 or anything. You can order 85 1" buttons and 5 2.25" buttons and 20 mirrors if thats what you want!
I will ship Priority Mail Flat Rate to all US States.
My Buttons are full color, Epson Inks and vibrant and fantastic on high quality photo paper.
There is no limit on designs or colors. However, you will either need to have access to Photoshop (or similar) program to make the button blanks from your own art/designs or I will charge you a small fee to make them myself - I prefer .PSD documents but .tiff or .png are fine!
If its not your art, dont even ask. I will smush you!
Conventions and Deadlines:
A-Kon (Dallas)(June 4th-6th) Deadline May 25th
You can order Buttons to be delivered to any convention I'm attending and pay no shipping fee!
In general, theres a 2 to 3 Day turnout to ship out buttons - and of course mailing will take 3-5 days. You MUST! leave time for this before your own convention - I will not be responsible for things not reaching you in time if you order too close to your convention/leave date!
Pre-payment in full, Paypal only, is required <3
Monday, March 9, 2009
These are all still 8x10 Watercolors and this is the final new arts for the beginning of the year! Upcoming in this week is a refreshing and relisting in my Etsy store - all these new art on products, my new and updated products, and all other Starry things! <3
The Gargoyle! <3
Why I Hate Mindflayers - otherwise known as NomNomNom. I might have to do a Nomnomnom series!
The Great and Terrible Kraken! <3
And for the final part of product talk, Im gonna talk quickly about what Ive updated and changed!
- All my Necklaces now come on nice Suede and Velvet with clasps necklaces! They are a beautiful upgrade! My Square Glass Tile Necklaces are $10, my Long Rectangle Glass Tile necklaces are $15.
- My Original Cameo necklaces will be on sale for $5! These will be discontinued, so whatevers left is all thats left! They will come on a Chinese Silk Cord for a chain!
- My Beautiful and Archival Cameo necklaces will come on Silver chains still!
- My Sticker prices have all been lowered! More mini stickers per pack! Now 25 for $3! Woooo!
I will share some pictures of products starting later in the week as I get them listed!
Friday, March 6, 2009
First up is my Favorite: Firebird! This was a holiday present to my mom - who loves bright oranges and reds. Its a companion piece to Firelizard - a matching pair for my parents!
And now for Firelizard! My dad loves Red Dragons above all else! <3
The White Stag! My personal favorite mythological creature (ok, tied with unicorns but still!) - this is a (very late) Winter image! <3 Or its early for ths year...
Black Unicorn! A semi-matching peice to Starry Unicorn <3
And a new series Im starting of FairyDragons - this is Luna! Or are they Dragonflies ....
The rest of the new art upcoming in part 3!
Today Ill talk about all my new upcoming new hair accessories!
All my hair accessories have a beautiful bright and shiney 1" button accent!
- More ribbon covered alligator hair clips! These are so cute! $4 for a pair, and bigger sets will be available!
- New Hair Snaps, on bright silver colored snaps! These are fantastic! Also $4 a pair!
- Ponytail Holders - these are fantastic! They will be $3 each and 2 for $5!
- I have beautiful silver bobby pins! This is my favorite of the product - you can be stylish and fancy yet still so young at heart with shiney Starry arts! As they are silver plated, they are a bit more at $7 a pair!
Pictures coming as soon as my camera stops being a pain!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Day one of Art and Product Catch up begins with the best of the best, kitties of course! All of these new arts are 8x10 watercolors and are already made up in a variety of products so if you cant live without one let me know! <3
A new Egyptian Kitty Trio!
This one is my favorite - a white and golden Kitty proudly bearing the Scarab and Fan!
The Scribe and Center of the Trio - his Latas Flower headdress and Ankh guide his words!
She might be the last but now the least - a winged headdress and box filled with treasure at her paws!
White Tiger! <3
At last - Purple Witchy Cat! Self portrait perhaps? With her star adornded hat, necklace and gem bedecked tail - and of course shes sitting ON her spell book - was there ever a cuter witchy cat? <3
More new art will be shared tomorrow!
So a bit about product! Today Ill go over some new product to get you all excited! =3
- 2.25" Button - Pinbacks! These are big and shiney. Very awesome! They will go for $2.50 each and 3 for $6!
- 2.25" Mirrors - now available in new brighter images and ALL designs! Woohoo! They will still be $5 each with a velvet drawstring bag!
- 1" Button Magnets. These are adorable! Small, bright, and stick-to-it-ness!
- New Standard size bookmark! These will have a slightly thinner sleeve, but the good news is they will sell for $1.50 each! I will also be selling these in bundle packs of 5 for $5 and 12 for $10! Cant beat that!
- Jumbo Bookmarks! These are fantastic! They are HUGE! The same print paper, ink, and thick quality vinyl sleeve as my mini bookmark! They are also $3 each and 2 for $5 like the minis, too!
I've made some changes to some product - so we'll talk about that tomorrow when I share some pictures of the new product. I was going to do that today but my camera is having a drama fit.
See you tomorrow for part 2 of 3 of New Starry Arts and Products! Have a wonderful evening! <3
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I had a wonderful time at my first show of the year - ConDFW - a Dallas area Scifi/Fantasy literary convention. I got to meet Jim Butcher and David Weber! Was fantastic!
I will be now coming back to Etsy and selling all the new and wonderful products, and new art, I created for that show!
What new art you say? Well there are THIRTEEN! new peices I will be sharing with you this week in tiny tidbits - more each day! But thats for tomorrow! *tease*!
There are many new products, and some great news! I purchased another printer so now I print and make everything in house (other than Stationary!) I also got a 2.25" button press so I make the Pocket Mirrors and now 2.25" Pinback buttons! They look WONDERFUL off of the new printer! All designs for the new pocket mirrors and buttons will be up on Etsy soon!
There are more new products, which I will also share with you this week with the new art! Stay tuned, more coming soon! <3
If you would like to keep more up to date with new art, new product, or just keep up with my silly self feel free to come follow and add me on:
Twitter! Im http://twitter.com/Starrydance there!
- and -
Flickr! All my new art, sketches, and product snapshots are placed here! Im, surprisingly, http://flickr.com/photos/starrydance/ there!
If you watch my Twitter I will announce special sales, coupons, and other things! So its a great way to keep track of specials, daily news, and other surprises!
Tomorrow I will share some new art, and some new products! See you then!